Thursday, April 21, 2011

Cruise Diary Special Edition: Mia –Hayat

Hola, Amigos!

My Spanish (which basically consists of what I learned from Dora and her cousin Diego combined with me speaking Italian in Spain) really got put to the test yesterday, but we managed to bring it! Today’s Port-of-Call was Barcelona, and I swear I was the finest Señorita in the city!



































With all the food we’ve been eating on board, the day in Barcelona was one of walking. We began the first leg of our journey from the ship, over a drawbridge and into the city center.


Me at Placa Catalunya
View approaching city center








Mirador de Colom




















After a morning of sightseeing, we headed to Hard Rock for lunch, where our waitress spoke only Spanish to us…I’m not sure what I said, or what she said, but I got my food…a hot fudge brownie with ice cream and whipped cream and a cappuccino to follow!

Me at the base of Mirador de Colom

We stopped for some pictures in Placa Catalunya…took some pictures…I was accosted by Spanish pigeons (the old man began feeding them right behind me...


I was caught between feeding pigeons and ones flying in to eat!)...watch the video!

Gaudi buildings
We headed to some Gaudi (gaudy) buildings before trekking back to the ship. For a city filled with tourists, it wasn’t inundated with them...Bacerlona is definitely a ‘return-to’ city when we get the chance.
Adiós!

Stella Notte

Day 33: 04-21-2011
Shoe: Mia –Hayat
Color: Bronze
Style: Hooded Thong Sandal
Heel: Flat
Material: Leather Upper

No comments:

Post a Comment