Sunday, April 3, 2011

Fashion Week Edition: Steve Madden – Vanissa, Fuschia

Good friends, good wine, good shoes…who could ask for anything more?

As fashion week in my little corner of Sicily draws to a close, I couldn’t think of a better Fashion Week Edition finale than with an introduction to two men in my life of whom I now have the esteemed pleasure of calling friends: Michele Manganaro and Luca Conti Taguali.



I met these two amazing stylists who dress, fit and style Italian women from Milano to Palermo at the Debutant Ball in Catania last summer. Having outfitted the majority of the women at the ball, Michele approached me and spoke the one word that Italians reserve only for things most worthy of praise, “Complimenti!”


From my dress to my jewelry to shoes (of course), I was told that my ensemble was perfect, and coming from a stylist (an Italian one at that), it was praise indeed!

This night, in which I debuted my frilly fuchsia footwear, Michele and Luca joined me for our local charity fashion show.

Michele said to me that, “…Fashion is all about fun.” Which was in abundance (the party continued with the models long after the show)! We made close to $5000.00 that night because of the dedicated volunteers who made the fashion show a reality.

I went away that night with another compliment from Michele, “Simple is chic…and you’re chic!” (He was referring to a red dress I wore later in the evening with a tan trench coat and red knot-twisted sandals). He said that sometimes women do too much with fashion and are over the top…if they only knew that simplicity elevates their style more than anything else.

So I leave you followers with those two pieces of advice directly from Milan: Fashion is fun & simple is chic.

Join Michele and Luca  here  on facebook!


A big thanks also to my personal Fashion Guru, Lauren Torres, who made sure I was on point for this picture and the two subsequent outfits I wore that same night.


Baci & Abbracci! 

Stella Notte

Day 15: 04-03-2011
Shoe: Steve Madden – Vanissa
Color:  Fuchsia
Style: T-Strap Platform Sandal
Heel: 5.25 inches (13.5cm), Platform 1.25 inches (3.0 cm)
Material: Suede








Beautiful in any color; click here to see these beauties in Blue!

No comments:

Post a Comment