Monday, April 4, 2011

Festival Special, Sagra del Carciofo: Sbicca –Candice, Black

Buongiorno Amici!


Spring has sprung in my little corner of the world and with the warm weather comes the festivals! One of the first festivals (sagre) of the year, (which is on our annual attendance list four years and counting) has been the Sagra del Carciofo (Artichoke Festival). In early spring, we venture to the mountain town of Niscemi, Sicily, to taste the unique ways they cook and serve this Sicilian favorite.

Okay, so I am 'smelling' a sunflower...






















Note Bene: Sagra del Carciofo, Violetto di Niscemi
Watch the video to see how Francesco Perticone transforms this artichoke into the beautiful Violet of Niscemi.





Legend has it, that the name for artichoke in Italian (Carciofo) came from the Cosca Mafiosa. It is said that the ‘tightly’ knit members were like the leaves of an artichoke.




Still unsure whether you want to add these beauties to your shoe collection?  Here is my review of these Sbicca Candice sandals I posted on Amazon.com September 17, 2009:

I bought these sandals in three out of the four colors (white, brown and black), and I regret not having bought them in red...these, by far, are the best sandals I have ever owned. I swear I could run a marathon in them...the springy wedge heel/platform is just fabulous and my legs feel like I have gotten a work out after I have hiked (yes, hiked) around in them...where I live you have to bring your "A-game" when it comes to fashion, but unlike the locals, I do not like sacrificing comfort. I have hiked through ancient ruins and temples in them... down and up sandy slopes to get to the beach, and they are just marvelous. I give them a 5 for style and a 5 for comfort. I would highly recommend these to a friend.


Baci a tutti!

Stella Notte

Day 17: 04-04-2011
Shoe: Sbicca –Candice
Color:  Black
Style: Wedge Slide Sandal
Heel: 4 inches (10 cm), Platform: 0.75 inches (2.0 cm)
Material: Leather Upper, Suede Lining


















No comments:

Post a Comment