Saturday, April 16, 2011

A Mile In My Shoes: Fanfares -Pam


Buongiorno a tutti!

“Don’t judge a man until you have walked a mile in his shoes.”
Quite a profound adage that since I first heard it as a child, I had always imagined those proverbial shoes to be moccasins. Over the course of my life, I have since transformed the saying to ‘you could walk a lifetime in someone's shoes and still not understand their depth or complexity’. I believe everyone has a story…a story of life full of depth and complexity…and if you are anything like me, there is probably a great pair of shoes to go with that story. This section is dedicated to the shoes that I have loved and worn, but sadly must bid adieu. I shall share memories of these golden slippers before they move onto another home to be loved and worn and hopefully, worn out!
In my initial blog entry: Welcome to My Arsenal I mentioned that along with the shoes I would showcase, I had 50 or so pairs to donate. My original intention was to start a subsequent blog, and have it posted along side Tutte Le Mie Scarpe. Unfortunately, I am not tech-savvy. I shall not abandon this idea, but merely bring you the same content within this blog, until I can manage to create the other. So for the first edition of A Mile in my Shoes, we’ll begin with these.

My favorite story of this group of shoes has got to be with the light blue pair. Eleven years ago, my friend was getting married. Advance notice: 3 days. After driving 2 and a half hours to get to her place the Saturday morning before her Sunday wedding, I went into high gear, helping her find everything she needed: dress, jewelry, shoes, rings…I didn’t even have time to find myself a dress. I called my mom when I found out about the wedding and she said that she would find one for me. She called me that Saturday and told me to find some light blue shoes. I headed to Payless then Wal-Mart, buying a pair in each store. When my mother arrived the Sunday of the wedding, the linen blend dress was a perfect match with these Fanfares…I felt like Cinderella, but at a fraction of the price.
I’ve had these shoes for some time now, but as the colors were replaced with other sandals, I wore them less and less. Last summer was the last time I wore any of them…to and ice-cream social in this fabulous yellow maxi dress.




Good-bye (Fan)fare(s) shoes…parting is such sweet sorrow.






Stella Notte

Fanfares –Pam
Colors: Denim, Light Blue, Yellow and Orange
Fabric Upper

No comments:

Post a Comment