Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Taking it to the Wedge Week: Fergie –Quench

Ciao, a tutti!

I have a question for you...Which came first,

the Shoe

or the Bag?
























The shoe or the bag causality dilemma is commonly stated as "which came first, the shoe or the bag?" To ancient philosophers, the question about the first shoe or first bag also evoked the question of how fashion accessories in general began.

It could be considered that in this approach lies the most fundamental nature of the question. Does every great pair of shoes need a great bag and vice versa?

However, the metaphorical view sets a metaphysical ground to the dilemma. To better understand its metaphorical meaning, the question could be reformulated as: "Which came first, the shoe that can't come without a bag, or bag that can't come without shoe?"**

Argument One, the Shoe
I had been surfing the web for sandals.Trying to add a little color to my selection palette; I wanted something bold that said, “Look at me and envy (yellow is a pretty difficult color to come by)!”But I hesitated…yellow is bold and sassy and sometimes quite lemony (sorry, I digress), but what to wear with these delicious-citrusy wedges?



























Argument Two, the Bag
I was in the mall and yes, I was shopping (shopping here is not like in other places where items get marked down until they are sold.In Sicily, there are two sale seasons a year (January and July) where the outgoing season’s items are finally marked down.They usually start at 50% and over the course of the month may make it down to 75%). I had already bought the red bag (Steve Madden -Empiire Carlos Santana -Mohican), and was completely enchanted by this bag…it matched the shoes I had just seen online, but I did not own.

Then I was faced with the new quandary…if I buy the bag, what if the shoes are gone? But, if I wait to buy the bag, what happens if I get the shoes and the bag is gone?

Here’s what I did…


I bought the shoes! I had another yellow bag at home, which I donated as soon as I bought this purse. Either way, the shoe or the bag, yellow is a fabulous color going into summer…in both the shoe and the bag!




Note Bene:
While in my inexperienced ‘shoe-liking’ days, I would buy an outfit, and desperately hope I would find a pair of shoes to match; but far too often that would never work out (my senior high school prom, I wore an emerald green velvet dress…and white shoes. The senior semi formal in college, I wore a white dress…and silver shoes). Now that I am a self proclaimed ‘shoe-lover’, I buy the shoes (if, of course, I love them), and follow my personal mantra, the outfit will come.

Happy philosophizing!

Baci!

Stella Notte

Day 61: 05-18-2011
Shoe: Fergie –Quench
Color: Blaze
Style: Platform Wedge Sandal
Heel: 4 inches (10.2cm), Platform: 1.5 inches (3.8 cm)
Material: Leather Upper


**Argument extracted from the following site: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicken_or_the_egg

No comments:

Post a Comment