Friday, February 10, 2012

Bentornati! It's Boot Season: Gabriella Rocha -Tarra

Buongiorno a tutti!

The word of the day is homesick. Home·sick/ˈhōmˌsik/ Adjective: Experiencing a longing for one's home during a period of absence from it.  As I don my outfit, I am instantly transported back to la mia isola (my island), Sicilia (Sicily)...and it's wonderful shopping!

Figure 1:  Boots worn up with ties wrapped around shaft
Grey dress & hooded tri-color braided scarf from Tezenis, teal knit shrug from Oviesse, grey suede purse from the leather market in Florence, and the tights, from il mercato (the market) in Misterbianco...oh, the many Saturdays I spent there and the great deals I found! (Click here to see my shopping adventure at the Misterbianco market)

The one thing I couldn't buy in Sicily was footwear! Before I moved, I donated so many pairs of shoes, because of the famed handmade Italian leather shoes and boots I had always heard of and then romanticized about, were soon to be a reality of my own...boy, was I wrong! 

Figure 2: Boots worn folded down with ties laced in back
Apparently, as I was informed by a man at a market stall after digging though mounds of leather shoes looking for my size, that size 42 is, "A man's size!"  And much to my chagrin, that prompted all the men in the vicinity selling shoes to laugh.  I was later informed by my friend Brigida, that I could find my size in the higher end shopping district, but of course, that would cost me.

A Bit About the Boots: I like these boots because I can (and do) wear them up (as in figure one) or folded down (figure two).  Gabriella Rocha (GR) is not my favorite brand of boots to buy!  Their sizing is inconsistent.  I bought these boots in a 10 1/2 and they are big even with thick tights.   I've bought GR sandals in a 10 which fit like a 9, and bought some cowboy boots in an 11 which feel like a 9 1/2...good luck with this brand, although both stylish and comfy, you never know what you're getting!

Baci!

Stella Notte


Don't forget to take my poll:  Which do you prefer to buy?  Leather or Manmade?


Day 97: Friday February 10th 2012
Designer: Gabriella Rocha
Name: Tarra
Color: Grey
Style: Fold Over Wedge Boot
Heel: 3 inches (7.62 cm), Platform: 1/2 inch (1.27cm), Shaft: 17 inches (43.18 cm)
Material: Suede Upper with lacing detail

No comments:

Post a Comment