Saturday, February 11, 2012

Bentornati! It's Boot Season: Gabriella Rocha -Karissa, Black


Buongiorno a tutti!

For as long as I can remember, I have loved tights!  Tights (back then we called them leotards!) of every color and pattern.  Initially, tights, for me, equated to freedom.


Age 4: Red tights
Age 5: White tights
My dad was 'old school', I mean really old school...long before that phase came into vogue!  His clothing rule: one pair a jeans (everyday) for the week; even in elementary school that can be hard!  The one exception?  Dresses!  And growing up in the arctic winters of Canada...without snow pants to walk to school in (I walked to school in the morning and home in the afternoon,  in addition to walking home for lunch and back to school everyday!), tights were my only cold weather option (I used to wear two or three pairs under jeans too!).
  

Atop the cupola (dome) of the
Basilica of Saint Mary of the Flower

Piazza della Repubblica
in Florence, Italy

Now, the significance my tights have is still freedom, but it has morphed slightly into freedom of expression. I can make a statement without saying a word, and fun way to do this is with these mid-calf boots! Here's a picture of me in Florence, Italy wearing these same boots with grey tights, patterned socks and legwarmers, and another later in the day with socks and tights. Who said the '80 are gone?




Don't forget to cast your vote on which you prefer to buy, Leather or Manmade? 

Baci!


Stella Notte


Day 98: Saturday February 11th 2012
Designer: Gabriella Rocha
Name: Karissa
Color: Black
Style: Mid-Calf Wedge Boot
Heel: 3 3/4 inches  (9.525 cm), Shaft: 10 inches (25.4 cm)
Material: Leather Upper with stitch detailing near collar





No comments:

Post a Comment