Saturday, February 4, 2012

Bentornati! It's Boot Season: Lisa for Donald J Pliner -Barco, Cognac Talco

In the immortal words of the once famed rapper Rakim, "It's been a long time...I shouldn't have left you...without a great pair of shoes to step to." So the last part of that rhyme is my addition, but you get the gist...I'm back!!!!

So much has happened in these 7 months: a trans-Atlantic move, 25lbs gained (15 of which I have managed to lose...and that's just for starters!  But we shall continue with the quest at hand: wearing all the shoes in my Shoe Arsenal.  So as the Italians say, Bentornati!  Welcome Back!


I couldn't think of better way to kick off the New Year and the new blog-look then with a new season: Boot Season!  One of the things I learned in Italy is that there are only two seasons:  Bikini Season (June to August) and Boot Season (September to May).  I don't have quite as many boots (or bikinis) to possibly accommodate such a lengthy season (or do I?), but I can show you all my favorites (boots, that is), and this Barco pair tops the list!  It's biker babe meets cowboy chic in these OTK beauties, giving ruggedly sexy a whole new meaning!

Mrs. Pliner, you have outdone yourself in your inaugural collection...Bravissima!

Baci!

Stella Notte

Day 91:  Saturday February 4th 2012
Designer: Lisa for Donald J Pliner
Name: Barco
Color: Cognac Talco
Style: Over-the-Knee
Heel: 3.5 inches (9.0 cm), Platform: 3/8 inches (0.95 cm), Shaft: 24 inches (61 cm)
Material: Leather Upper with stud & buckle details


Beautiful in any color; click here to see these beauties in Black!
 
Note Bene:  Be patient when shopping online.  These boots retail for $450, and I could have kicked myself when they went on sale for $120 and didn't get them...but I guess the old adage is true, good things come to those who wait because I scored these (and the black pair) for nearly 80% off the MSRP!  Happy Shopping!


1 comment: