Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Bentornati! It's Boot Season: Timberland -14" Premium

Ciao a tutti!

Well, fellow Shoe-A-Holics, here they are!  The pièce de résistance...The Tour de Force ...The Magnum Opus...The 'Big Guns' in my Arsenal!  And they're in pink to boot!  Boot...look Pa, I made a punny!

Received as an early Christmas gift the first year I was in Italy,  I make a special point to wear these gems every year.  Custom built to my specifications by Timberland (I was in my pink phase at the time), in retrospect, they mean so much more to me now then when I first laced them all the way to the top!

Why you ask?  Because beauty truly lies in the eye of the beholder.

These boots scream, "Look at me!"  They do not shrink away in a crowd, nor do they fade into the background, which so happens is where I have often felt most comfortable.  When I wear these boots, you must see my legs (thighs specifically), my one body part I always wished I could change...muscularly disproportionate to the rest of my body (from years of lifting weights and a temporary aspiration to become a bodybuilder), I rarely wore jeans, let alone leggings out of fear to attracting attention to my most loathed body part...that was until I moved to Sicily.

Italian men often lack the reserve or inhibitions their American counterparts posses, and will readily verbalize the pleasure in what their eyes partake, regardless of the situation or circumstance, and my legs were many a topic of conversation.  Which made me think...perhaps the parameters of Beauty extend far beyond what we conceptually, traditionally and culturally are programmed to believe;  that the standard of beauty we have generally come to accept is not a worldwide phenomenon, and we are all beautiful...each and every one of us (loathed body parts and all) in our own way...food for thought....
Me and my pink Tim's at Piazza Armerina, Sicily

Baci a tutti!

Stella Notte


Day 95: Wednesday February 8th 2012
Designer: Timberland
Name: 14" Premium, Custom Made
Color: Pink
Style: Tall Boot
Heel: 1.5 inches (3.81 cm), Platform: 1/2 inch (1.27 cm), Shaft: 14 inches (35.56 cm)
Material: Nubuck Waterproof Suede/Leather Upper

Thinking about customizing your own?  Start here at Timberland.com

2 comments:

  1. These are some of my favorites. If you get tired of them, you can always hand them down this way :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As soon as I wear them out :) Ha ha! With the custom made boots, my initals are embossed on the tongue...these boots are so fun (to make and wear)...follow the link I put on FB for these boots in Wheat (60% off), or the link on the blog to explore the custom boot program...I love the look of these boots in red and emerald green...so many colors from which to chose!

    ReplyDelete