Thursday, June 7, 2012

MIA -Zeus, Pewter

Ciao a tutti!

Fellow Shoe-A-Holics, I received an email recently from a fan of the blog regarding a picture I had posted of me in flats; to which the fan quipped, "What?  No Heels?"  Now, you know, I love heels just as much (well maybe more than) the next  girl, but I love my feet a little more.  Don't get me wrong,  I have sacrificed my feet quite a bit for my shoes...my people have a saying: Pride feels no pain, but I do want my feet to last me all the days I have been given to walk with them...so here is my advice as sandals season swings into full gear... Be kind to your feet!



Sandals can be just as rough on your feet as boots; hard leather straps, polyurethane uppers, and even leather lining which can soak up oils and lotions, leaving in their wake, dry (dry), skin!  And don’t get me started on wooden soled sandals without so much as a cushioned foot bed…Mamma mia!


Tips for your Tootsies: Give your feet time to breath -if you wear closed toed shoes in the heat, you are asking for bacteria to grow which bring odors and infection; give your feet time to air out and dry out during the day, if not give them ample time to do so when closed-toe shoes are not required.

 

Try a quality lotion (I like Olay Quench with the sparkles) -dry, cracked feet are never in style!  A quick way to soften up feet over night is to slather them in Vaseline, then put on cotton socks and wear them to bed.  The next morning you will wake up to soft supple feet!

Alternate between flats and heels -the pitch of a heel (especially worn for hours day after day) can cause joint and leg problems causing walking difficulties over time. You legs and feet need a break from the stress. If you want to wear heels for years to come, don't work your feet to the bone now!

 
Use gel inserts if feasible -while many shoes do come with cushioned insoles, some are lacking completely.  The uses of inserts can make the difference in wearing your dancing shoes all night, or kicking them off and dancing in your bare feet (I do not encourage the latter)!

Get a pedicure (if your budget allows and this goes for the guys too!) -what an amazing feeling it is to be pampered!  If you've had a pedicure, you know what I'm talking about. If you haven't, you don't know what you are missing!  Get thee to a pedicurist!

Baci a tutti!

Stella Notte

Day 199: Thursday June 7th 2012
Designer: MIA
Name: Zeus
Color: Pewter
Style: Flat Gladiator Thong Sandal
Material: Leather Upper with side buckle detailing

Dress: Wet Seal
Belt: Tally WEiJL (Italia)


Beautiful in any color; click here to see these beauties in Natural!















Here are some more pix from today's shoot....enjoy!















No comments:

Post a Comment