Monday, July 16, 2012

Monday's Must Have Shoes: Blowfish -Micasa

Ciao, Amici!


Another shoe every women must own, my fellow Shoe-A-Holics,  is a ballet flat!  As a lover of heels, one might consider my aforementioned statement heresy, but hear me out...please.  Heels are hard on your feet!  Any seasoned veteran of wearing shoes with any sort of elevation will tell you; with brief periods of medically recommended flats, I have worn heels for nearly 30 years (make that 20 years for those of you who think I'm 10 years younger than my actual age)!


In these 30 years, my feet have taken a beating; from wooden platforms and heel blisters, to bunions (and bunionettes...yes, I am quite possible the only person who has been diagnosed with such an affliction) and ant bites (I stepped on ant nests while watching the fireworks on the 4th of July...hubby likes to say that I suffer for my art), my feet have gone through a lot.


But one way I am kind to them, is to to wear a comfortable flat when I get home or to break up the heel routine with a day or two of flats.  Light and breathable, I give my soles time to relax and recover with heel-less beauties, so that I can wear out, and hopefully out wear those 5-inchers! 

Helpful Hint:
I highly recommend ballet flats and to keep a rolled up pair in your purse.  They are fun and flirty, and are so much cuter then walking around in bare feet when at a wedding reception, homecoming or the prom!


Baci a tutti!

Stella Notte


Day 222: Monday July 16th, 2012
Designer: Blowfish
Name: Micasa
Color: Natural
Style: Ballet Flat
Material: Sand Blasted Canvas

Check out these adorable Footzyrolls I recently came across starting at $16.00!



Here are some of the artful recreations we saw on today's photo shoot...enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment