Friday, September 28, 2012

Adding a Little Color to my Life! Nine West -Bottos

Ciao a tutti!

Finding the right shoe to go with an outfit has never been a problem for me, especially since I adopted the philosophy, Buy the shoes and the outfit will come (it was much more difficult finding shoes to match the outfit!)!  But finding the outfit, or rather assembling the wardrobe to go with the fabulous shoes has been more challenging than my simple mantra would lead one to believe.  That is until now.


 
I have quite a few neutral colored shoes (blacks, browns, tans and not to be redundant, neutrals), which pair easily with other neutrals in the same color family.  And over the last few years, I have been trying to infuse color into my life, but I have played it relatively safe, pairing the yellow shoes with the yellow in a dress or the fuchsia flats with the matching purse, but I never truly embraced color, mainly because I wasn't sure how.



































After thumbing through a past issue of InStyle magazine, I came across an article referencing the magazine's annual edition on color; Neutral Know-How:  five inserts, each containing a different neutral color (navy, khaki, ivory, olive and grey) were juxtapose with four complimentary colors (and all with a designer look to illustrate the color combinations) creating five distinct and exciting color palettes.  For my first go-round, I paired Olive green shorts with a petal pink blouse and topped it off with a red jacket.  The shoes were an easy choice, these dark green Bottos, from Nine WestWhat do you think?


Baci a tutti!

Stella Notte

Day 257: Friday September 28th 2012
Designer: Nine West
Name: Bottos
Color: Dark Green
Style: Platform Wedge Sandals
Heel: 5.25 inches (13.34 cm)
Platform: 1.75 inches (4.45 cm)
Material: Leather Upper with cork heel, jute and contrast stitiching along mid-sole

Jacket, shorts and belt from Old Navy; Tube Top from Forever 21; Bag, ORMI from il mearcato italiano

No comments:

Post a Comment