Sunday, September 30, 2012

Adding a Little Color to my Life! Carabella -Bow, Natural

Ciao a tutti!

My fellow Shoe-A-Holics, I am back at it again, infusing color into my life!  My foray into the world of color has generated quite a lot of feedback, and I'm glad to say, all favorable!  Who knew it could be so easy?


In my last post on Adding a Little Color to my Life, I explored two color combinations I wouldn't ordinarily pair with Olive Green: Red and Petal Pink.  Today, the bright, bold hues that InStyle matched with Navy in their Neutral Know-How color palette, instantly grabbed my attention; navy-colored capris, a turquoise bell-sleeve trench, a fuchsia v-neck top and an orange suede shopper.  My neutral Carabella slides add a sexy subtlety to the ensemble without competing with it, which is perfect for this daytime look.

 
What I am starting to love about these cards is that I can add as much or as little of the accent colors to suit my taste.  When I opted to leave the bag out of the look (below left), the outfit works just as well, as when I button up the trench and add the bag (below right).  I'm still a little wary about trying four colors together, but the next time I try the Navy as my neutral, the kelly green is a must.
 

What do you think?  Have you tried either of the color palettes I've posted?  I'd love to hear from you!


Ciao a tutti!

Stella Notte


Day 258: Sunday September 30th 2012
Designer: Carabella
Name: I call these my 'Bow' shoes. Carabella, a subsidiary of the Spiegel Corp., sadly, is now defunct.
Color: Natural
Style: Slide Stiletto Sandals
Heel: 4 inches (10.16 cm)
Material: Strappy Leather Upper with delicate bow on vamp detail

Capri pants by Attention at Kmart, tops from Old Navy, Trench by Sonoma at Kohls and Suede Shopper from il mercato italiano.




Beautiful in any color; click here to see these beauties in Black!

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment