Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Adding a Little Color to my Life! Naughty Monkey -Snappy, Black

Ciao a tutti!

Okay, my fellow Shoe-A-Holics and lovers of color, here is third attempt to add color to my life!

I decided to go for the gusto today, incorporating all four color suggestions with the neutral gray, and to my astonishment, it worked!   Some months ago, I did a casual Friday look for my Working 9 to 5 week, and paired a steel grey pant with bright yellow blouse and cobalt blue flats here; but with the softer gray, the lavender, seafoam and yellow work beautifully.


A lighter alternative to black, gray is a staple in my wardrobe: jeans, tights, sweaters and coats, but I really didn't have a gray skirt (aside from a denim one, which would have been a stark contrast to these pretty pastel colors). Confession time: I used a black and white tweed skirt, which had a soft and feminine cut. I did the same for the fedora -black and white herringbone from a far, presents itself as gray! The shoes were a no-brainer;  I drew from the black accents in the buttons on the skirt and the band on the hat as a way to anchor the entire outfit. I opted for open-toed shoes because one, it's still hot in my neck-of-the-woods, and two, yes, I am still wearing this cobalt blue nail polish!


The word of caution that I would offer when matching the gray with the cobalt blue, is to limit yourself.  I could have totally worn the blue flats, belt and bag, but the deep, rich tones of this shade would have overpowered the entire ensemble. So just the bag this time, but I really like having the seafoam in the jacket, so that I can remove it; five colors in one outfit is a lot, any way your style it!
 
How is your color world coming along?  I'd love to see?
 
  
Baci a tutti!
 
Stella Notte
 
 
Day 259 : Tuesday October 2nd 2012
Designer: Naughty Monkey
Name: Snappy
Color: Black
Heel: 4 inches (10.16 cm)
Style: Strappy Cone Heel Sandal
Material: Cracked leather upper with burnished metal studs

Jacket and skirt: Express, t-shirt: GAP, Ruffle shirt: Laura Scott  (Sears), purse: Carpisa, Italia, Hat: Auchan, Italia


Are you loving these color swatches from Instyle as much as I am?  Check out the Olive and Navy!


Beautiful in any color; click here to see these beauties in Silver!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment