Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Festival Special: Arts & Seafood Festival; MIA -Brisk

Ciao a tutti!

My fellow Shoe-A-Holics, my shoes took me to quite a delicious event this past weekend...the 8th annual Historic Bluffton Arts & Seafood Festival.
Held in the charming and eclectic historic district of Bluffton SC, which is well known for its quirky art community and natural river beauty, the festival is a week long event offering a myriad of activities, showcasing the locally harvested seafood, delicious Low Country cuisine, rich history, culture and art of the area and Southern hospitality found only in Bluffton.*

With one of Bluffton's quaint little streets lined with tents housing local artisans, the festival invited us into a makeshift art gallery for our eyes to feast upon.





Check out some of the displays we encountered from the 100+ artists at the festival.

Coastal Paintings by Jeffery Day


Glass Mosaics by Teresa Hollmeyer
















Left and above:
Metal Art in Copper and Brass by Timothy A Martin



The Amir Studio

The Amir Studio

Treasures in Wood by Roger Martin

Gary M. Howerton -Traditional Film Photography



Next on the agenda was food...

Shrimp Burgers from the Black Marlin Bayside Grill


BBQ bacon wrapped shrimp from The Crazy Crab

And as we ate, we were entertained by Bam Jazz playing songs by Satchmo and Cab Calloway. Comprised of some of the finest musicians in the Carolinas, the group is billed primarily as a jazz, blues and Cajun, but their experience goes far beyond. All of the members are seasoned studio musicians and concert performers who have worked with some of the top names in the industry.**
 
 


Upon the recommendation of a couple where we had lunch, we strolled the streets of this bay side town and came across this church that was established in the 18th Century.
Church of the Cross

This beautiful little church, situated at the the end of Calhoun St. (the same street that was lined with tents and vendors), was perched above the bay and boasted this breathtaking view.  So, the children ditched their bicycles instead for a boat ride with puppy!


Friendly people, great food and a welcoming environment... I think I may have found a new coastal getaway!

Baci a tutti!

Stella Notte

Day 269: Tuesday October 23 2012
Designer: MIA
Name: Brisk
Color: Olive
Style: Desert Wedge Bootie
Heel: 3 inches (7.62 cm)
Platform: 0.75 inches (1.91 cm)
Material: Suede upper with faux lace up kiltie tassels, moccasin toe, crepe wedge, lug sole and side zip
Crushing on these booties? I've only been able to find them here at DSW!

A word about the shoes:
Here is my review of these shoes I posted on DSW.  I gave these boots 5 out 5 for both style and comfort!

"I thought I had hit the jackpot last year with my MIA Pampa wedge booties. Unmatched comfort and style, I bought all three colors and was in heaven…that is until, I found these MIA Brisk booties! The rich Olive green color and the faux laced-up vamp enticed me, but it was the convenient ankle zip that had me sold.
The 3-inch wedge with the lug sole is the perfect height and ultimate in stability; I strolled a few miles over a few hours in these booties: through the streets (both paved and unpaved) of a festival, over cobblestone paths and even across dampened grass to get to a boat landing, and I have no complaints!
They fit true to size (every pair of MIA shoes I have bought are the same size in both length and width, and I never need to size up for MIA boots) and are extremely comfortable. These are definitely my new favorite pair of booties, and I highly recommend them!"
SN





*Excerpt taken from  Historic Bluffton Arts & Seafood Festival webpage
**Except taken from Bam Jazz's Facebook Page

No comments:

Post a Comment