Friday, November 23, 2012

Flashback Friday! Timberland -Lexiss, Brown

Ciao a tutti!

Okay, my felllow Shoe-A-Holics, these Lexiss boots from Timberland have been favorites of mine for quite some time; and reviewing the tops posts of the month, a favorite of my readers as well (4 out of the top 5 are Timberland boots).  Some years ago, when a friend of mine had invited the children and I to his farm to ride his horses, I wore these boots, but secretly envied the beautiful suede riding boots my host had donned.


So I took to task searching for the perfect riding boot that was also affordable (I wasn't planning on becoming an equestrian, but wanted to have something functional yet stylish enough to wear while the the kids took horseback riding lessons on the Italian farm), and everywhere I looked, I was led back to these boots.

Not good when it comes to decisions between something fabulous and something amazing, so I chose both the brown and the tan (the black was still full price), and I have not been disappointed; as the Italian say, "Like fine wine," and like vino, these boots seems to get better with age!
 
Baci a tutti!
Stella Notte

Designer: Timberland
Name: Lexiss
Color: Brown
Style: Tall Riding Boot
Heel: 1.5 inches (3.81cm)
Platform 1.2 inch (1.27 cm)
Shaft: (15 inches (38.1 cm)
Material: Leather Upper, full-length inside zip and decorative straps with buckles on heel and shaft

To see how I rated these boots, check out my review of them here on Tumblr!
 

My Timberland Lexiss boots (the brown, the black and tan) are my go-to winter staple footwear; whether it is cold or rainy, I'm on the farm or in the city, with pants or a skirt, these are a no fail option.  Today, I decided to mix it up; I love my market tights (and for 2 Euro, about $3.50, who wouldn't) and kept them in the same color family as the boots.  I read somewhere that when you match your hosiery and footwear, you appear taller, which is great in flat boots!  I pulled out a long sleeve crew neck tee in oxblood, but in the morning light, it looks more like an cherry red.  The fur trimmed military jacket in olive, I paired with the red (do you remember my Adding Color to my Life -Olive?)  SN

No comments:

Post a Comment