Friday, December 28, 2012

Flashback Friday! MIA -LaCrosse, Tan

Ciao a tutti!

Shoe-A-Holics, the weather is cold (still), and I must dress accordingly; another fantastic cold weather accessory (you will remember in my post on Kiva's by Privo, I wore tights) and undoubtedly one of my favorites, are Over-the-Knee (OTK) boots!


Over-the-knee boots play double duty: functionally, they add a layer of warmth to your lower extremities, while fashionably, they visually extend your legs (even if they are flats), causing any viewer to follow the long, sleek lines of the boot upwards. Ingenious, isn't it?  Do you have yours?

Baci a tutti!

Stella Notte

Designer: MIA Limited Edition
Name: Lacrosse
Color: Tan
Style: Over-the-Knee Boot
Heel: 1.5 inches (3.81 cm)
Shaft: 23 inches (58.42 cm)
Material: Luxe Leather Upper with lacing detail behind knee

Crushing on these boots?  I found a few pairs here at Amazon.com!







Beautiful in any color;
 
 

How I Styled It?
The word for today's outfit is sleek!  One thing I love about the look of these boots (although I occasionally wear them folded down, almost like pirate boots, I more often than not wear them up), is how they manage to elevate any article of clothing I wear with them; from tights to jeans (as I am wearing today from Old Navy), these boots have transformed everyday into out-of sight!  Continuing with the polished look of the boots and jeans, I donned a basic black turtleneck with this satin scarf.  Crazy, yes, but when I saw it in a magazine, I thought it was chic, this ordinarily spring staple of mine, and especially when paired with this wool cape from a few seasons ago at Stradivarius (a Spanish clothing company in Italy) and the studded, elbow-length gloves are also from a few seasons ago at Camaieu (a French clothing company also in Italy).  My clutch from the GAP I added for the way the tan in the bag matched the boots, yet the red in the bag added a burst of color! SN

No comments:

Post a Comment