Friday, December 21, 2012

Flashback Friday! MIA -Pampa, Tan

Ciao a tutti!

It's Friday again, my fellow Shoe-A-Holics, and I get to showcase another of my favorites, these Pampa desert wedge booties from MIA!  One of the most searched items on my blog, these are a must have for ever Shoe Arsenal.  Why?  With the desert bootie back in full swing, differentiation is the key to amping up their style; like their 80's counterpart, they are suede with the simple lace-up design, but as they say, the devil is in the details, and these booties aren't lacking: the wedge heel, lug sole, and menswear-perforated detail and stitching throughout, these are not an updated version of a throwback style, they are completely re-invented!


Baci a tutti!

Stella Notte

Designer: MIA
Name: Pampa
Color: Tan
Style: Desert Wedge Bootie
Heel: 3 inches (7.62 cm)
Material: Suede Upper with menswear detailing, oxford lacing and lug sole

Crushing on these beauties as much as I am?  You can find them here, at Amazon.com!



 


How I Styled It?
I went back to Academichic's fabric color wheel for inspiration today; I had the boots and found these skinny cords on clearance at New York & Company, but with their bluish-greenish hue (it's a little hard to tell from the picture), I wanted to pair them with something other than my go to black. So I followed the Complementary Color Rule, and I matched up items which appear opposite each other on the color wheel: red and green, yellow and purple, and with my ensemble, blue and orange. The module stated that while pairing a color with it's direct complement can be quite jarring, substituting an intermediate color (I'm wearing the blue-green cords instead of the blue) can create a more subdued pairing...and it did!  The sweater top is by Pink Rose and the scarf is from the GAP.  I stayed in the same color family but used the richer blue in the belt and purse, both of which I bought in Italy at Iper Coop and Carpisa, respectively.  The hooded sweater is from Old Navy (several seasons ago).  SN

2 comments:

  1. I've been looking for a pair of these. They'd be great for walking the malls. The few that I've tried on though do feel a bit claustrophobic in the front. Are these one's comfortable?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, I can't say enough good things about these booties. They are comfortable beyond words! I own them in 3 colors, and bought a similar boot (also by MIA, Brisk) earlier this year. Walking, shopping, you won't be disappointed! The toe-box is roomy, and the 3" heel is manageable. If you already own a pair of MIA shoes, boots or sandals, then you know they run true to size. I have yet to be disappointed by a pair of MIA shoes!

    ReplyDelete