Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Naughty Monkey -Whipped Me Around, Purple

Ciao a tutti!

My fellow Shoe-A-Holics, have you ever owned a pair of shoes which have made you feel nostalgic?  Well, these purple beauties conjure up incredible memories for me of my time in Italy, and the point where I consider having truly transitioned into my Italian me!


In 2009,  I finally put my words into action and lost the weight I had always wanted to lose.  For the first time in my life I truly felt beautiful, but not just on the outside, on the inside as well, embracing the mantra every Italian I had encountered held true for themselves -La Dolce Vita (The Sweet Life).  By summer's end 2009, I had spent 2.5 years immersed in all things Italian; from food and drink, to festivals and language, I considered myself to be (for all intensive purposes), Italian...that is, except for the style.


Being shaped curvier that most Italian women, I went for color as opposed to style of clothing; and the color of autumn 2009?  Purple!  It was everywhere!  From purses to pumps, dress shirts to neckties, one couldn't go a minuted without being inundated with this violet hue.  So I jumped in with both feet (so to speak),  and when I saw these purple stems, there was no question in my mind that I had to have them; subtle shading of both grape (bluish-purple) and plum (reddish-purple) I couldn't lose, the only thing that remained was the outfit, but once you have the shoes, everything else is a piece of cake!

Baci a tutti!

Stella Notte



Day 286: Tuesday December 4th 2012
Designer: Naughty Monkey
Name: Whipped Me Around
Color: Purple
Style: Platform Sandal
Heel: 4.25 inches (10.8 cm)
Platform: 0.5 inches (1.27 cm)
Material: Leather Upper with studded hardware accents and straps



Beautiful in any color; click here to see these beauties in Black!
 
 



How I Styled It?
When you find something that works, stick with it!  One of the first times I wore these shoes was in 2009 (when purple was the 'it' color), I wore them with this very outfit (minus the belt and jeans...the original jeans, still don't fit, so I got these also from Old Navy in one-percent more spandex, and voila!).  I remember quite fondly, the reaction I had garnished from one of the locals as I carried cupcakes to school for Halloween; I like to think that the excitement was over my outfit (and not the cupcakes), so I mentally have kept this ensemble in the back of my mind should I ever get down to my Italian weight again...it's been three years and no luck, and I hated to waste such a cool get-up!  The belt is from an Italian store Zuiki, and the sleeveless turtleneck is from the market.  The pointelle knit vest is Say What I purchased from Wet Seal a few years ago and the bag is from Target.  SN

No comments:

Post a Comment