Thursday, December 20, 2012

Old Navy -Basic Pump, Brown

Ciao a tutti!

My fellow Shoe-A-Holics, taking a break from the color wheel, I decided to follow Academichic's advice in their Fashion 101 series How to Combine Colors: Neutrals (with a Pop).  I've had these basic brown pumps for years, a friend of mine highly recommended them, but believe it or not, I was at a loss with what to wear with them; my style aesthetic had changed so much that they almost seemed too plain, or basic, to wear (in Italy of course).  That is until today!  When I changed my perspective on how I viewed these shoes, this brown-basic style became a neutral-novelty, and I could easily style them!


What makes neutrals so amazing is that they are comprised from a mixture of other colors, and because of this, neutrals can be considered a blank canvas in your wardrobe.  According to Academichic, "'Neutrals go with everything' including each other."  The post continues, "Neutrals can provide a softer look on their own, or serve as a background for another color. When pairing one "pop" of color with an all neutral palette, the neutrals allow the brighter color to add a wow-factor."

And 'Wow' I did!


Baci a tutti!

Stella Notte

Day 292: Thursday December 20th 2012
Designer: Old Navy
Color: Brown
Style: Basic Pump
Heel: 3 inches (7.62 cm)
Material: Leather Upper
 
 
 
 
How I Styled It?
I received so many compliments on my outfit today, I just had to share!  I'll give credit where credit is due, and today, this outfit is courtesy of Old Navy.  The jacket, I reluctantly bought (several seasons ago), because my hubby liked the bell-sleeve design...(I didn't like it at first, but it has since grown on me).  The v-neck sweater dress, I caught recently for a bargain (in store).  It was marked down to less than $10 with an additional 30% off!  If you're thinking about buying it, size down!  The belt is from Forever 21and the bag is Bongo (both, several seasons ago).  The scarf is another of my market scarves!  SN

No comments:

Post a Comment