Sunday, December 30, 2012

Sunday Show Stopper Alert! Lucky Brand -June

Attention, Shoe-A-Holics!
We interrupt your regularly scheduled blog for this Shoe-Stopper of a post!

Nerd Alert:  I have always wanted a pair of penny loafers!  Along with oxford shirts, tartan print skirts and knee-high socks, this style of shoe, complete with penny slot, puts me in the mind of prep school chic (a style which eluded my own scholastic days, yet I like to play with every now and then).
 
Flirty, fun and functional, who knew loafers could be so fabulous?
 

How I Styled It?
Exploring my world of color, I look for style inspiration in a variety of places.  This primary color-blocked ensemble, I borrowed from the Candy Coated look from Tommy Hilfiger.  Adhering to the advice bestowed from Academichic's Two-Thirds Rule: pick only two colors from a color triad, (in this case red, blue and yellow, the primary colors), I have paired varying shades of a red-yellow combination (here), but never all three together.  Although wearing all the colors in a triad can be challenging, Hilfiger's styles are known for pushing the proverbial color envelope, and on a cold winter's day, that is exactly what I wanted to do!  What makes this outfit work (and not lend itself to a box of crayons look) is the fact that the blue is toned down with it's deeper, monochromatic shade of Navy. The yellow, toggle duffle is from Steve Madden (last year), and the Levi's corduroy skirt, I bought second hand while in Italy.  It was originally knee length, but I had it shortened to a mini!  The tights are from Hue and the computer bag, I got from Sears some years ago.
 
 
Baci a tutti!

Stella Notte
 
Day 295: Sunday December 30th 2012
Designer: Lucky Brand
Name: June
Color: Tortoise
Style: Wedge Penny Loafer
Heel: 4.5 inches (11.43 cm)
Platform: 1 inch (2.54 cm)
Material: Leather Upper with penny slot on vamp

Crushing on these beauties as much as I am?  You can find them here at Amazon.com!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment