Thursday, January 24, 2013

Franco Sarto -Whitney, Black

Ciao a tutti!

Brrrrrrrr, my fellow Shoe-A-Holics!  As most of the country (and continent) is experiencing a cold snap, after being spoiled by the unseasonably warm weather last week, I thought it was time to don some cold weather gear, and officially kick off (my) boot season; I'll be honest, it won't be long, but I can promise that it will be good.  You'll see some new ones, some old ones and some favorites of mine you haven't see in a while!   So pull up your boot straps and grab your parkas because there is snow forecasted in my immediate future, and it's gonna be a bumpy ride (well, for some of us at least)!



Baci a tutti!

Stella Notte

Day 305:  Thursday January 24th 2013
Designer: Franco Sarto
Name: Whitney
Color: Black
Style: Tall Wedge Boot
Heel: 3.5 inches (8.89 cm)
Shaft: 15 inches (38.1 cm)
Material: Luxe suede upper with crossed straps at vamp and buckle detail

Crushing on these boots?  You can find a similar style sold under the name of Maven, by Franco Sarto at DSW.com!



 
 
Beautiful in any color; click here to see these beauties in Taupe!
 





How I Styled It?
Quite possibly the coldest day of the year (it reached 29 degrees this morning, that is -2.0 Celsius), I wanted to dress warmly, but by the time I made it outside, it was 57 degrees (14 Celsius), and the heavy winter items were put back in the closet.  I had been looking for a puffer jacket for some time, but I wanted a sleeker version, and this quilted, belted, corduroy trimmed version from Forever 21, fit the bill.  I decided to pair it with this corduroy mini dress/tunic from Old Navy (a few seasons ago).  It is so easy for me to go monochromatic, especially with black, but stepping out of my color comfort zone, I went with brown HUE tights and a sleeveless brown mock turtleneck.  The brown herringbone hat I got from an Italian market, and I love to pair it with a mixed print bag (one square has a similar herringbone pattern) from Carpisa Italia (several seasons ago).  The paisley satin scarf is also from the market.  SN

No comments:

Post a Comment