Sunday, January 13, 2013

Steve Madden -Heaven

Ciao a tutti!

Heaven, I'm in Heaven
And my heart beats so that I can hardly speak...*
 
My 300th pair of shoes, and I am at a loss for words!  Thank-you for those of you who have shared my cathartic journey, and likewise explored the depth of your own Shoe Arsenals and personal love of shoes.  When I started blogging nearly 2 years ago, I knew I had a lot of shoes.  This self proclaimed Shoe-A-Holic, has always found a great deal of comfort in shoes; not just physically but psychologically, because new shoes have endless possibilities, and no two shoes take you to the same experience.  Looking back on these 300 pairs, I see the paths I've walked, run, trekked, climbed, the footsteps I have made and subsequently have left behind; but more importantly, as I look forward, I see the myriad of paths which lie before me: routes waiting to be discovered, byways ready to be explored, and trails meant for me to conquer...and I smile, because wherever I go, it will be in a fabulous pair of shoes!
How I Styled It?
I've never considered myself to be much of a fashionista, but over the course of the last few months (and my recent embracement of color), I believe I am certainly on my way!  But a mantra I have adopted when it comes to styling clothes is: don't reinvent the wheel!  Companies pay big money for stylists and style teams to match colors and prints just right, so those of us who are fashionably challenged shouldn't mess with perfection, especially when we can use, if not share the professional stylists and have them work for us, as they do in the stores!  One of the big trends this year is stripes, and the navy/white combination has been one I've been eyeing for some time.  It has a nautical feel, and is an enduring color scheme.  I found this monogrammed sweater already styled with dark bottoms and paired the emerald green flats (2013's "in" color) to add a splash of color (do you remember Academichic's Fashion 101 series? See How to Combine Colors: Neutrals (with a Pop)) to this neutral background.  And the monogram? Stands for Marvelous, of course!

Grazie a tutti!  Baci!

Stella Notte

Day 300: Sunday January 13th 2013
Designer: Steve Madden
Name: Heaven
Color: Green
Style: Ballet Slip-On Flat
Material: Suede Upper with textured rubber outsole

Crushing on these emerald suede beauties as much as I am?  You can find them here at 6pm.com!

*Lyrics from the Irving Berlin song, Cheek to Cheek

No comments:

Post a Comment