Sunday, February 3, 2013

Old Navy -Basic Pump, Purple

Ciao a tutti!

Okay, me fellow Shoe-A-Holics...my foray into the world of color, although brief, has been a relatively new and exciting experience for me; the only problem I've encountered, has been this infusion of color hasn't translated into footwear.  My Shoe Arsenal is dominated with staples of black, grey, shades varying from brown to cognac to tan, and the occasional splattering of a pink boot, red pump or a green flat.


One thing I have always loved about color is that particular hues or shades can convey so much; delicate with powder pink, powerful with red and happiness in yellow.  I was once told that purple is the color of passion...I guess I'll let me shoes say the rest!

Baci a tutti!

Stella Notte

Day 309:  Sunday February 3rd 2013
Designer: Old Navy
Color: Purple
Style: Basic Pump
Heel: 3 inches (7.62 cm)
Material: Synthetic Upper





























How I Styled It?
This beautiful ensemble I have had for nearly 5 years, but this is the first time it is being worn.  I ordered it from Newport News, before the economic down turn, after seeing the sweater dress and matching kimono sweater paired with an over-sized purple handbag and purple shoes.  One of my favorite stying ideas is to get a look that has already been styled by a professional.  I like buying items that have a multi color print because it lends itself to possibility of many stying options.  The purple is a deep sensual jewel tone, but I could have gone with a pair of bronze or black shoes and/or clutch.  I would stay away from white, even though white appears in the zig-zag pattern, only because the dress and sweater are both banded in black, and the white would be too stark a contrast juxtapose with it!  SN 

No comments:

Post a Comment