Sunday, April 28, 2013

Westies by Nine West -Have

Ciao a tutti!

My fellow Shoe-A-Holics, one of my favorite types of shoes to shop for is a timeless style; age is definitely an advantage when looking for these enduring styles because the moment a style has come full circle (it comes into style, stays for a couple of years, then re-emerges some years later), you realize that those white single-soled pumps you were oh, so happy to toss, are the very same style which is trending, and you can't seem to find a pair at your price point, and you wish you had never donated them in the first place. (Check out the shoes I've donated here...I'm currently missing 23 and 59)

But using my age to my advantage, I am a much more savvy shopper.  Price is always important, when I buy a shoe, as is style (I love a funky shoe just as much as the next shoe-a-holic), but quality is important if you want a shoe to last through any trends it might hit or miss.

A style that is going to last, or is timeless is going to pay for itself (depending on the cost), not the first, but the second season you wear it, that is of course depending  on how often you wear it. When a style is trending, or there is something new I want to add to my Shoe Arsenal, basic black is usually the first color I pick because of it's versatility (brown is usually second).  If I can, I try to buy a leather or suede shoe; because it is natural fiber, it is is more likely to conform to the shape of your foot for a better fit, and when manufacturers use leather or suede (yes, they cost more but), they tend to be more careful with the making of shoe (better stitching, higher quality glues, etc...).  The last thing I do to keep my timeless shoe, timeless, is to take care of it.  These Westies (pictured above and below) are nearly 10 years old, but when I store them, I inspect them, clean them and store them in a dry cool place, so that when it's time for them to come back in style (I'm predicting 2014), they'll be ready, and so will I!

Baci a tutti!

Stella Notte

Day 329: Sunday April 28th 2013
Designer: Westies by Nine West
Name: Have (?)
Style: Square-toe single soled slingback pump
Heel: 3 inches (7.62 cm)
Material: Leather Upper with square toe and decorative lace-up on vamp 





To see how I styled these beautiful slingbacks, follow the link below to:

No comments:

Post a Comment